Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

role model
Oct 18, 2007

Dr Bob,

I do consider you as my role model, a person who inspires me, everytime!!everything is so unique about you..

If you remember, this is the same guy from india who gave a tough time,since i was overloaded with anxiety and fear. I felt, just about everything gave me HIV.This was about 3 years ago, when you had just joined the safe sex forums. I was really bad then, but as of now, i am really doing good and well.

Infact, i am trying to help people out of the ww mode, and also imparting knowldege i gained during my ww days through lots of research, through, connect forums at thebody.com.

I just want to thankyou for being there, it is because of you i have changed...

Just feel a bit let down now, i lost my wife and my baby a year ago, i tried to recover, but i just cant...i miss them alot! i just miss them and love them alot...but then i just cant get them back:)

Anyway, iam soon moving to Australia, to start a new life!

You were and always be a part of my life,a catalyst, though i hope we meet once:)

goodluck and god bless you dr.bob!

Thankyou so much,

Love Ravi from india

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Ravi,

Welcome back to the forum. I was delighted to read your update and that you are now not only no longer an anxious wreck WW, but rather someone who is actually "paying it forward" by helping to educate others. The HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention message needs more messengers like you!

I was saddened to hear the tragic news of the loss of your wife and baby. I, too, lost someone very close to me this year my brother. I do derive some comfort in the realization that he and your loved ones as well has found a place of peace, health and wonder far beyond what we mere mortals can even imagine. I also believe in the message of the following poem.

This world Is not conclusion: A sequel stands beyond, Invisible, as music, But positive, As sound.

-- Emily Dickinson

Ravi, I wish you peace, comfort and happiness as you begin the next phase of your life "down under" in Australia. It's one of my favorite destinations on the planet!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Scary symptoms
Next
Please help me, Dr Bob!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.