Unsure but I take meds anyway

Hi Dr Bob,

I work in a hospital chemist and consequently have access to HAART - which I take - but I'm not sure that I'm HIV+. I've had sex with over 100 prositutes in my life (i'm 25) and have had and continue to have symptoms characteristic of the clinical course of HIV. Not once without a condom - all protected vaginal - but did receive oral twice without one and have given oral to about 6 different working girls.

My symptoms: 10 days of fever, fatigue, herpes zoster on penis, rash on upper torso, night sweats, strep throat = ART

On and off oral thrush, apthous ulcers, HIV related gingivitis (not helped by wisdom teeth in crooked).

So I've pretty much diagnosed myself with HIV from all this - I mean it has to be - you can't get all these symptoms from anything else right?

So I've been taking crixivan and the symptoms have stopped.

My questions: 1) you don't need to be CONFIRMED HIV+ to be able to take meds do you? this way is cheaper without needing to see doctors. 2) No harm can be done right?

Thanks for your time doc.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. No one could be quite that daft well, other than Dubya and Scary Cheney, of course.

Dude, this forum is for folks with legitimate HIV concerns. Stealing medications from hospital pharmacies is fortunately not all that easy. It's also illegal. If course if you really were ingesting Crixivan without an HIV diagnosis, being caught stealing would be the least of your worries.

Am I putting him at risk?
Woohoo...and for the WW