Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unsure but I take meds anyway
Oct 18, 2007

Hi Dr Bob,

I work in a hospital chemist and consequently have access to HAART - which I take - but I'm not sure that I'm HIV+. I've had sex with over 100 prositutes in my life (i'm 25) and have had and continue to have symptoms characteristic of the clinical course of HIV. Not once without a condom - all protected vaginal - but did receive oral twice without one and have given oral to about 6 different working girls.

My symptoms: 10 days of fever, fatigue, herpes zoster on penis, rash on upper torso, night sweats, strep throat = ART

On and off oral thrush, apthous ulcers, HIV related gingivitis (not helped by wisdom teeth in crooked).

So I've pretty much diagnosed myself with HIV from all this - I mean it has to be - you can't get all these symptoms from anything else right?

So I've been taking crixivan and the symptoms have stopped.

My questions: 1) you don't need to be CONFIRMED HIV+ to be able to take meds do you? this way is cheaper without needing to see doctors. 2) No harm can be done right?

Thanks for your time doc.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. No one could be quite that daft well, other than Dubya and Scary Cheney, of course.

Dude, this forum is for folks with legitimate HIV concerns. Stealing medications from hospital pharmacies is fortunately not all that easy. It's also illegal. If course if you really were ingesting Crixivan without an HIV diagnosis, being caught stealing would be the least of your worries.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Am I putting him at risk?
Next
Woohoo...and for the WW

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.