Should I worry about HIV

If this question comes thru twice I apologize but I dont think it went the first time. Anyway, I have been living with the fear of being HIV positive for over three years now. Three years ago, I had unprotected sex with a man, however he never ejaculated. Almost immediately I started wondering and living with the fear that he could be hiv positive.. I donated blood approximately 3-4 weeks later, and nothing came back positive. Then i was tested by my doctor for all other std's and I had none. I had surgury 2 years after the encounter and had to have blood work done, however I dont think they checked for hiv but I could be wrong. My doctor told me that my blood work and cell count were some of the best that he has ever seen. If i were in fact positive would this result have been a little off or not so good?? I havent had the flu in this entire span, only soem minor sinus problems, but those typically run in the family. Right after the worrying got really bad I would feel as if my body temp were raised, but others around me would feel and say that I felt normal. Whats the explanation for that?? Please help and tell me if i should worry.. Thank you so much Dr. Bob..

You had unprotected sex and then "almost immediately started wondering and living with fear that he could be HIV positive . . . ." OK, I understand that. But you then immediately state, "I donated blood approximately three-four weeks later and nothing came back positive." How could you in good conscious donate blood if you were so worried about being HIV positive? That I don't understand. I certainly hope you did not purposefully donate blood just to see if you were HIV positive! To do so would be unconscionable!

To respond to your question, since you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need an HIV-specific test three or more months after the potential exposure. It really is just that straightforward. Trying to guess your HIV status from symptoms or non-HIV specific blood tests is counterproductive.

OCD with a touch of Oral Sex Thrown in
Am I putting him at risk?