RE: loogie

im donating now for sure!!!! you are awesome.

below i pasted what you wrote about in my last message. visible blood? i cant remember it happened so fast. he wasnt gushing blood , it happend so fast. should i get tested? should i speak with someone about these fears of mine? thx bob. stay well and keep doing what you are doing, its truly amazing. i have the utmost respect for you!

dan

uneducated question scared (SPIT) Oct 15, 2007

hi Dr Bob.

What you do for the people is amazing! My question is weird and i couldnt find anything similar in the archives.

Ok, I had a 3 year old kid at work hiv status unknown. I was messing with the kid to make the kid laugh and he spit in my face, not like spit from talking but it was actual spit in my eye and nose. what are my chances if this kid was hiv pos to catch hiv in this situation and my 2nd and most important question...should i be tested?? i was tested 4 months ago before i got married and i do not do drugs. thx dr!

Dan

Hi Dan,

The three-year-old actually gobbed you in the face with a hacked-up loogie??? Hmmm . . . apparently he wasn't impressed with your efforts to make him laugh.

You can relax, Danny Boy. The HIV-transmission risk from spit is nonexistent, unless there is visible blood. (See below.)

Hey Danny Boy,

You do not need an HIV test because a rug-rat gobbed you in the kisser.

If you have irrational HIV fears, then yes, counseling can help. Check out the information in the archives related to HIV transmission. You should find it very reassuring.

Be well.

Broken Condom
OCD with a touch of Oral Sex Thrown in