Broken Condom

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with hiv. She has had it for awhile because it has developed into aids. I am so far have been showing up negative. Well the other night we got drunk and had protected sex. But twice during sex I saw that the condom had broke . I changed it as soon as I saw it was broken but dont know how long I had gone with it broken. Her last blood work showed she had a tcell count of 4 and a viral load of 46,000. What are my chances I was infected? And are there condoms that are more durable?

Condom failure does place you at some degree of risk for HIV. You will need HIV tests at the three-month mark and, if negative, at the six-month mark. (The six-month follow-up test is a CDC recommendation based on the fact you had a documented significant exposure.)

Condom failure is an extremely rare occurrence if the latex condoms are used properly with water-or silicone-based lubricants. I would suggest you check the expiration date on your condoms and also check your lubricant to see if it is indeed water- or silicone-based. As for "more durable" condoms, most major brands have an "extra strength" variety (Durex Extra-Strength, Lifestyles Extra-Strength, etc.). However, in most cases, condom failure (breakage) is the result of improper use rather than lack of durability. Review your condom technique! (See archives.)

you never answer me what am i chopped liver?
RE: loogie