Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

you never answer me what am i chopped liver?
Oct 18, 2007

i have written to you several times. i need your approval to move on. i had 2 seperate sexual encounters --unprotected intercourse 4 and 3 months ago. got tested from last encounter at 9,11, and 12 weeks...all negative. do i need further testing? can i woohoo? is hiv no way no how my problem? i promise to donate if i can just have a response pretty please?

your friend kaycie

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Kaycie,

I can only respond to a small percentage of the thousands of questions that cram their way into my inbox on a continuous basis. I have no idea if you are chopped liver, filet mignon or a Fluffernutter. My assessment of your situation is exactly the same as that of gazillions of other I've already responded to. Check the archives! Needing my approval to move on is ridiculous, as my responses are remarkably consistent.

To briefly reiterate:

1. Your decisions to have unprotected were unwise lapses in judgment that put you at risk for STDs, including HIV.

2. A negative FDA-approved anti-HIV antibody test at the three-month mark is considered definitive and conclusive.

3. Play safe to stay safe and to stay well.

Thanks for your "promise to donate," but please note that donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) should only be made in the spirit of generosity and compassion and out of a desire to help those in desperate need. Donations should not be used as a method to try to influence me to respond to a question. My advice here is free and available to all. You now have your response with absolutely no strings attached, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
PLEASE RESPOND! I'M OUT OF MY MIND!
Next
Broken Condom

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.