Oct 12, 2007
Dear Dr. Bob, I was dating a man who worked for the same company as myself. He and I are both HIV positive. He broke off our relationship and started dating another man at the same company. He told his new boyfried about my status. I know for sure because he told me. Did he violate HIPAA? I am quite angry at him for doing this.
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) unfortunately doesn't cover loudmouthed ex-lovers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Does Herpes Cause Harm To The Immune System?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
- Hiv From Lip To Lip Kissing
- How Accurate Is A 3 Month Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.