Desesperate Brazilian - Please Help (3rd time)

Dear Bob;

Thank you for your excellent job and thnks again for helping so many people like myself. Here is my case: I had sex with a prostitute with condom and it did not break. However I normally scratch my testicles very often, which cause some small cuts. What I am affraid is that some vaginal fluid could get in contact with these open cuts then get me infected. I was not worried at all when 10 weeks after the sex incident I had a very bad high fever for 1 day and I was shaking a lot. One day after the fever I got lips herpes that last for 1 week. My questions are: 1) Do you think these symptoms are ARS symptoms? 2) If it is not ARS why I got it, do you think it is another STD or even the herpes? 3) The CDC ever reported a case like mine which a person get infected through open cuts on the testicle due to scratching? 4) What are the chances that an ARS would occur 10 weeks after the risk situation and will last 1 day?

I love my wife and kid and I still keeping asking me why I did it. Please help me, I will donate.

Best regards from your brazilian friend.

Hey Brazilian Buddy,

I've already responded to your question! See below.

Desesperate Brazilian - Please Help (WW) Oct 12, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob;

I am really appreciatte if you could answer my question. I try to find something regarding my case but I couldnt have an answer. Maybe because my english is not so good. Anyway, here is my case. I had sex with a prostitute and I used condom. The condom did not broke but, however, I normally scratch my scrotum sack which possibliy cause some tiny cuts. It passed 10 weeks I had a high fever (102) that last for one night a mild fever next day. I was fine after that. Here is my question. 1) Could vaginal body fluid could contact my tiny cuts on the scrotum sack and then infected me? 2) Based on your experience, do you think I am infected? 3) Based on that I never get sick, dont you think the mentioned symptoms are suspicious? 4) Are there any STD that have the same acute symptons than HIV? Please Dr. Bob, if you answer I will send you some donation.

Best Regards

YOur Brazilian friend

Hello Brazilian Friend,

Your English is far better than my Portuguese (and, in fact, far better than some folks who write to me who are native English speakers!)

1. This mode of HIV transmission would be remote to negligible.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

As always, if you or any of our readers feel they have placed themselves at risk for HIV, you or they should get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe!

Be well.

Clerical Error or Not enough Antibodies produced!!
Violated HIPAA