Clerical Error or Not enough Antibodies produced!!

Hello Dr Bob, I sincerely hope your okay and your partner Steve!!

I will try and be brief. Since my Negative test on the 27th of July, 5 months 13 days after exposure I have this nagging feeling that somehow my result was either a Clerical Error or I did not produce enough Antibodies to show up on the test. I say this because since week two of my exposure I had a high temperature which lasted for about 5 minutes on sporadic days. This has increased as the months have gone on, to the point that 5 minutes after I awake my temperature starts to climb. I touch my forehead it's hot! my skull and neck they are boiling. All of today I have been hot, coupled with this dull ache in my head. My tongue is still furry and yellow/white most of the time. The reason I say maybe I didn't produce enough Antibodies was because I was downing bottles of brandy and whisky nearly daily for 2 months! Add in all the Exstacy as well, and being so full of stress and anxiety - could this have weakened me to so that my body didn't produce enough Antibodies for the test? Does this sound like HIV fever to you Dr Bob? My stools Since exposure have been so inconsistant, some days I go to the toilet up to 4 times with loose stools!!

The thing that got me even more scared was since my exposure I hadn't had penetrative sex with my Girlfriend, just gave her oral and french kissing. One month after my Negative result we had sex and I came in her. I didn't want to cum in her but she said she hadn't felt me inside her for so long. Roughly 17 days after this happened she came down with this flu type thing!! Fever, really bad headache, terrible body ache, sore throat and nausea and one episode of vomiting! this lasted for about five days. The thing that spooks me is that all the people who think they have ARS in the Archives, Fever is the one thing that doesn't crop up and all those people end up WOO-HOOING. I mention fever because in one of your answers to a worried well you gave the Percentage of ARS symptoms that appear and Fever was top!! with I think 90%

I am frightened to think that I was POZ all the time and then being called Negative went and slept with my Girlfriend.

I fear the worst, I dont know how I am going to tell her!!

Thanks for listening DR Bob, I hope you can answer my question

UK-Guy again!!!

Hello UK-Guy again,

Your 5.5-month negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. The chance of clerical error or not producing enough antibodies to be detected is beyond remote. However, if you don't believe me, get a rapid HIV test. Accurate results are available in as few as 20 minutes.

Although HIV is not your problem, I, too, do worry about your "downing bottles of brandy and whisky," taking ecstasy and "being so full of stress and anxiety." These activities will not affect anti-HIV antibody production; however, they can indeed ruin your health. Dude, it's time to stop living like a rock star. Those guys often don't even make it to their midlife crisis, let alone the old folks, home. Clean up your act!

As for your "fever," touching your forehead and feeling that it's hot is not the same thing as having a true elevation of your body temperature (fever). Buy a thermometer and check your actual temperature to see if indeed you have a fever or were just being an anxious "hothead."

I can't diagnose your or your girlfriend's symptoms over the Internet. But I can advise what is not causing your symptoms: It's not HIV, OK? Your WOO-HOO is long overdue!

hpv
Desesperate Brazilian - Please Help (3rd time)