Dr You need to read this, Please answer me

Dr frascino Thank god you are here to guide so many people, great site. here is what happened: I work in a dental enviroment, I do dental cleanings and assist the doctor with patients, I always wear gloves and glasses most of the times. Recently I had done a dental prophilaxys after I was done the patient(with gingivitis) told me that he was told by a Dr that he had "Infected blood" didn't said what type of infection, he didn't know (he said). I didn't have any cuts or felt splashes in my face. I was very worried anxious feeling symptoms, but reading your archives and also seen 3 doctors which told me the same thing: no risk. I felt better.

this incident happened 17 days ago. I've been extremelly anxious thinking that I could be infected, I feel kind of tired and mild myalgia, now I think I'm having a yeast infection. almost possitive My test will come back next week. Also I had a Hbv vaccine on wed, and thurs I had blood work done, and my result came back positive for HBV and HIV- I'm really confused I know it's not for the incident 17 days ago, too early. I had a miscarriage (unfortunally) 8 weeks ago (while I was pregnant)and did all my blood work. everything was perfect. My husband is very faithful.no doubts. no drugs. he had hbv vaccine, he is a veterinary. he is getting check too.

1) Do you think I could get something from a patient microscopic? no cuts or sores, how about open pores in the face?

2) could I get a false HBV because of the vaccine a day before?

3)My symptoms tell you anything: Myalgia, yeast infection. fatigue. no fever- no headache- no lympth nodes no sore throat yet. just red Dr said allergies. LOTS of ANXIETY.

I was getting better and reading your archives calmed me down, until DR called me... now I'm thinking that if I got HBV I could got HIV.

Please help me, you are the expert. will send donation You are and angel Thank you. anxious HCW

Hello Anxious HCW,

I don't know what you mean by "positive for HBV." Screening blood work for hepatitis B could have indicated past infection and current immunity, which could be interpreted as "positive for HBV." You'll need to discuss your exact test results with your doctor. He/she will advise you which tests were performed and what they mean.

Regarding your specific questions:

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. Your symptoms are most likely related to anxiety.

Regarding HIV, the archives and three physicians have all told you the exact same thing: no risk. I concur!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

tell me to have head checked
RE: Am I Infected/Have I Infected Others