Chances of contracting HIV

I had insertive unprotected anal and oral sex with a male partner 8 days ago, who I found out yesterday was HIV+. I did not ejaculate during the insertive sex. I did not notice any blood, however I cannot be sure. I also do not precum.I am uncircumcised. My question for you is 3 fold. 1. What are my chances of contracting HIV from this encounter? 2. How soon can I get tested? and 3. What can I do in the meantime to ensure my safety besides worry and wait.

Before specifically addressing your concerns, I have a question for you: If you had not "found out yesterday he was HIV positive," would you still be concerned???? I suppose you can see why I ask. Twenty-five percent of the estimated more than one million HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected! The take-home message here is that risky sex is risky, whether you know your partner's HIV status, think you know your partner's status or don't know your partner's status.

Turning to your specific concerns:

1. Estimated statistics are merely that estimates. They really can't be applied in absolute terms to anyone's unique situation, as there are far too many variables related to both the virus (viral strain, viral load, etc.) and the host (immune integrity, age, concurrent infections, local trauma, circumcision status, etc.). There is no doubt unprotected anal sex is risky business and considered far riskier than oral sex. The receptive partner is always at greater risk than the insertive partner for all types of sex. Uncircumcised is riskier than circumcised. These are basic concepts. Your "unprotected anal" would be considered risky by any standard. The unprotected oral, far less risky.

2. Testing following an HIV exposure or potential exposure should be conducted at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be conclusive. If your screening test at three months is negative, the CDC would recommend a follow-up test at six months, because you had a documented significant HIV exposure.

3. What to do in the meantime? I suggest you spend some time reviewing the safer sex guidelines, visit your local drug store to stock up on latex condoms and water-based lube and peruse the information in the archives of this forum related to HIV transmission, HIV prevention and testing. In addition, you might consider volunteering some of your time, energy or resources to help at an AIDS service organization. (It's a good way to keep your own worries in their proper perspective while generating some excellent cosmic karma.)

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

Re-submitted from Fatigue and Anemia forum
Please read this(If possible comment on it)