Dr Bob Please respond soon

Dr Bob, First let me say Thank You..You have made me laugh and smile in a time I needed it the most. Glad you are back as well.I am 41 yr old feamale and I had a stupid moment on aug 10and had unprotected straight vag sex. he did ejac inside of me. (ughh i hate writing that)I contacted his sister as he is engaged and living with his fiance and I felt I could not call him. She said that he had been somewhat permiscuous and had even at one time used drugs intraveneously on occasion. She said he claimed he had always been clean when using needles. As most everyone here I have spent many sleepless nights and have had a muriad of symptoms which according to you and many others really don't mean a thing as stress and anxiety can do wonders on the mind and body. I can verify that one. Testing history since aug 10 are as follows pcr by dna two of them one 5 days post the other 31 days post both were neg. An oraquick test at an std clinic 6 wks and 3 days post, neg. Then a finger prick test at an std clinic 8 wks post also neg. My question is that I have read of high risk exp and low risk exp with the info I have given was my risk high or low? Also I have read that an eight week neg is very encouraging and the odds are extremely in my favor of remaining neg. Please give me your professional opinion which I value very much and some good karma would be appreciated as well. I will be sending yuo a donation as I am so very appreciative of the work you are doing. I can assure you this will never happen to me again. I also plan to return for a 12 week test and will keep you posted. Thank you so much, a mistake once = a lesson learned

Hello Lesson Learned,

Unprotected receptive vaginal sex does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV. "High" and "low" are relative terms. More important would be risk or no risk! Since you had some degree of risk, HIV testing is warranted at the three-month mark. Testing prior to three months is not considered to be definitive. I do not recommend PCR for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false-positive tests, other technical considerations and cost.

Your negative tests out to eight weeks are indeed extremely encouraging! "Symptoms," I agree, are not reliable indicators of HIV seropositivity.

Thanks for your donation. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative. I very strongly suspect it will!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME :-(
Re-submitted from Fatigue and Anemia forum