PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME :-(

Dr. Bob:

I have now made an anonymous donation to your cause. I am hoping you could relieve my worries.

In late June of this year, I was in South America and after a drunk night out with friends, we went clubbing and picked up some escorts.

My escort put on my condom with her mouth, and when we had sex, I somehow came like a minuteman, and I pulled out, Condom intact.

40-some odd days later, I began to notice a tiny off-clear discharge from the tip of my penis. What bothered me is that gonococcal infections typically take btwn 3-20 days to show symptoms, right? It's pretty quick. And I know the number of days. I kept count on purpose in fear something might happen.

Anyway - the Doc gave me azithromycin, which I checked, is standard issue for gonorrhea. My painful urination and discharge evaporated within a couple days. Also unlike the literature, my discharge was absolutely minimal in volume and I had NO testicular pain whatsoever.

An early morning crusted droplet was my only dilemma, and obvious pressure during urination.

Nothing more. I had to squeeze like crazy to get the tiniest invisble drop out during the day. I still don't know if this could have been gonorrhea, since it was more than 40 days since the drunken hooker-sode. It doesn't make sense to me. I also never got tested in South America for gono. I'll never know now.

Anyway ... let's assume the hooker hosting the gonorrhea party did indeed show symptoms 40 days later. If I managed to get the gono from her while she put the condom on with her mouth, could she have transmitted HIV too?

I am TERRIFIED

Hello Terrified,

The symptoms you describe and the timeframe of their onset are not consistent with gonorrhea. Azithromycin can be used to treat bacterial infections other than gonorrhea. (In fact it is not a first-line treatment for gonorrhea. It's more often prescribed for Chlamydia.)

Regarding HIV, your transmission risk is beyond remote. If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but it may be the most efficient way to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Continue to play safe and you'll stay well.

Nobody believes me this
Dr Bob Please respond soon