|OCD with a touch of Oral Sex Thrown in
Oct 11, 2007
I have been going through the answers to your questions and must say that you are pretty spectacular and have a wonderful "web-side" manner. (I know. bad pun.) Ok...so I am this nice guy who is in a bit of trouble as I have OCD. The thing is, I am 31 and have ONLY given oral sex (well...I also go to the movies and dinner sometimes) - no swallowing or ejaculation in my mouth - I am sure there has been pre-ejaculate. I have a very low sex drive and just received a normal testosterone blood test which came back just fine, because my sex drive is low. Of course, I am on klonopin and celexa, which can do it. But all the same, I am terrified of getting an HIV test, and always thought that not participating in anal sex (giving or receiving) would assuage my fears. I was hoping that perhaps you would give me some words of encouragement, or your real feelings. :) I am already in therapy, so you dont have to write that. I hope you do respond as it would just be nice to have made contact with you at least once.
Thanks so much in advance.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Not too much to add to your assessment or current plan, other than to sum up:
1. "OCD with a touch (or taste?) of oral sex thrown in;" I agree!
2. Low sex drive with normal testosterone level could well be a side effect of your use of Klonopin and Celexa. You could talk to your physician about an alternative to Klonopin and Celexa. Also did he measure "free testosterone?" That's a more sensitive indicator.
3. Being terrified of getting an HIV test is not uncommon for OCDers. Just check the archives and you'll find gazillions of others! That you are in therapy should help. I suggest you address this fear directly with your therapist! Also please note rapid tests are now widely available and they provide accurate results within 20 minutes! That's hardly enough time to get worried, let alone have a full-blown panic attack!
Michael, you're doing everything correctly: having safer sex and getting therapy for your OCD. Continue to work with your doctor on your libido problems and with your therapist on your irrational/unwarranted HIV fear issues, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- How Effective Is Std Blood Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.