AM I POSITIVE???

I have just been dignosed Hiv+ but i am not fully satisfied with the results and my reasons are as follows...I am a 36 year old from an afican country,married,2 children and wife pregnant 7months already.in 2003,i had pneumonia and got tested and i was + on Eliza,WB was not done.I continued having unproted sex with my wife who is now preg with our 3rd baby.In september this year(4yrs later)i went to a routine check and i am found + again.i took my wife and kids to check and they are all negative.i have not been sick again since 2003 and generally very healthy.So how am i positive without infecting my wife for the past 4yrs.I am afraid to take any drug if i am false+.Am I really positive.

You had a positive ELISA in 2003. Why did you not follow up with a Western Blot at that time? And with your possible HIV-positive status, I'm shocked you continued to have unprotected sex with your wife and to father children! To do so seems unconscionable to me. Why would you put them at such risk?

Are you really positive? If you have a reactive ELISA and confirmatory Western Blot, it is indeed likely you are positive. I would recommend you see an HIV specialist for further evaluation and ongoing care.

Finally, if you are wondering if it is possible that you could be HIV positive and, despite multiple unprotected exposure, your wife and children remain negative, yes, this is indeed possible. Please note not all HIV exposures lead to HIV transmission. However, you must now use latex condoms for penetrative sex to prevent any further potential exposures. Your wife will require repeat HIV testing three and six months from the time of her last potential exposure (unprotected sex).

Please help - will donate
Had protected sex, but I might have Chlamydia!