For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Please help - will donate

Hi Dr. Bob,

Firstly, thank you for your great site. My question goes like this...I had protected sex with someone who I later found out is +, 4 weeks later I had a headache and muscle aches, but felt mostly fine, 2 weeks after the headaches I had a night sweat (not dripping, just felt hot) and the next day I had 4 red dotes on my chest - which were gone within 24 hours. Does this sound like ARS? & Do sysmptoms come on sucesssion or all at once?

Protected sex is indeed "protected" if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. ARS symptoms vary considerably from person to person. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. That is the most efficient and effective means to put your residual fears permanently to rest. Thanks for your donation (

Be well.

Does gay men facesitting transmit venereal disease (FACESITTING)