PEP for negative top

Hey Dr. Bob, thank you for your incredible help. My sexmate is a very hot negative top. If the condom we are using breaks while he is inside my hot positive bottom, is PEP appropriate? Let's assume he withdraws when he discovers the breakage, but may not know exactly when it broke. Thanks again!

Yes, PEP would be recommended for the type of exposure you describe. It should be started as soon as possible and no later than 72 hours after exposure. You can read much more about PEP in the archives by doing a simple search.

Good luck to both you and Mr. Top-Gun McHottie.

Dr. Bob, hope you had a good vacation. Please answer. (SALIVA, SWEAT) (HIV BASICS)
Am I Infected/Have I Infected Others - 3rd Attempt