WOO-HOO!!!!! Please Post

Doctor Bob,

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Remember me? I wrote you in August with the title "No test needed, I know I'm positive." Well as you can guess I had my conclusive negative test done yesterday at 14 weeks post exposure. I am moving on with my life and couldn't be happier. Thanks for your support and help. It has been a long and scary three months but I'm putting it all behind me. I have learned so much from this forum and will NEVER put myself at risk for HIV again.

A note to all the worried wells out there: Listen to pros like Doctor Bob. Symptoms do not mean a thing. It's the antibody test that you need. I had every symptom imagineable after my exposure: diarrhea, fatigue, sweats, slight muscle aches, huge recurring tongue ulcers, and headaches. I was also convinced I had swollen glands but two doctors persuaded me otherwise. I tested negative at 20, 43, and 98 days for HIV. My symptoms were due to anxiety. I am moving on with life. Don't let irrational fear of HIV control your life. I feel like I wasted three months of my life worrying about HIV. The only thing you can do is get tested, and more likely than not it will be negative.

Doctor Bob: donation on its way. Thanks again and take care. Be well. Stay well.

Yep, I did indeed anticipate your good news! Congratulations! WOO-HOO!

Thanks for writing back and sharing your good news and new insights. Thanks also for your gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

I promise to "take care" if you do the same. Deal?

Thanks from Bill (formerly Boil) in Romania
AH MAN! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE QUESTIONS!!