nPEP and PCR testing... PLEASE answer

I had unprotected oral with someone lets assume is HIV+ and started PEP 24 hours after exposure. I had blood drawn for a PCR/viral load test at 11 days which my doctor told me was negative. Would you think it is ok to stop PEP after the negative test? The combination of the stress and medication is giving me massive headaches, however if the PCR testing was not sensitive enough to detect any HIV cells then I do not know what to do. Was the test even warrented?

I would not have recommended starting PEP for unprotected oral sex with a person of unknown HIV serostatus. I also would not use PCR/viral load tests to screen for HIV disease. The appropriate test would be an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

You are getting bad advice not only on diagnostic tests, but also on therapeutic interventions!

Dr. Bob: plz help
Kissing and hiv (ORAL FLUID TEST, SALIVA, )