Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Need Advice
Sep 26, 2007

Dear Dr.Robert I always praise for the good work you do the human kind and those good deeds will always be there to protect you!!! I happened to be in Belgium and had Protected(NO CONDOM BREAK,no kissing but little bit of tit sucking) sex with 2 sex workers(2 different nights).I really regret for what i have done since i am a married man.I have this fear that i have not been the same since that incident.So i had a Home Access Test after 107 days and came back negative.But i feel that my neck lymph nodes are swollen(when i touch under the skin under the cheek i feel two bean size nodes but no swelling is visible to outside.I did not have fever or nay rash but i am so paranoid and depressed. My question is do i need further testing and is it normal to feel those lymph nodes even if you are not ill?.Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.I will try my best to give a donation.May The Triple Gem and God bless you!!!.An answer from you will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards RJ

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello RJ,

Your negative Home Access test at 107 days is conclusive. HIV is not your problem. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Consequently your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent.

Your neck lymph nodes are most likely normal. Stop poking at them!

You correctly identified your problem when you wrote: ". . . I am so paranoid and depressed . . . ."

You need to seek help for your paranoia and depression. Your problems are psychological, not virologic. Guilt may well be playing a large part in how you are feeling. I suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. No additional HIV testing is warranted. Counseling may well help you confront and conquer your problems.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please, Help
Next
rimming and anal sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.