depressed for 8 months

Hi Dr. Bob, it has been 8 months of nightmares and continous physical and psychological pain. Please help me out, I am very depressed. I had unprotected sex with csw 8 months ago and since then I have experienced a series of health problems for the first time in my life. Headache (2 straight weeks)Shingles (prescribed Famvir for 1 week)Sore throat (about a month)groin and underarm pain, burning sensation (1 month) dry mouth - tongue with enlarged red papillae and continous burning sensation (for 3 months and still sufering). I have taken 4 antibodies tests and all negative at 3,4,5 and 6 months. I am very worried of a late serocnversion. Please Dr. Bob, what should I do?? Another antibodies test, (would be 8 months) a PCR or something else? I am loosing it, so scared of another test. I would not be so concerned, but all these symptoms for the first time in my life are really killing me. Thanks a lot and donation is on the mail. I have been reading you and at this moment you are my only hope!!

richard

Hello Richard,

Your negative HIV tests at 3, 4, 5 and 6 months are definitive, conclusive and excessive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms" each and every time. No additional HIV testing is recommended or warranted.

Your problem is depression, irrational fear of HIV and psychosomatic symptoms.

I agree you are "very depressed" and living through a protracted "nightmare." What's important to realize is that nightmares aren't real. They are just frightful bad dreams. It's time you woke up from yours. HIV is not your problem. I strongly recommend you seek psychological counseling to help you cope with your unwarranted HIV fears, anxiety and depression.

You should be WOO-HOOing, not worrying! Wake up and WOO-HOO! OK?

Dr. Bob, please answer, very much worried. I will donate,
should I worry?