Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob, please answer, very much worried. I will donate,
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Bob, Last week end, during my bachelor party, during the lap dance, i got carried away and i have open mouth kissed the stripper. The kissing act did not last more than five seconds, and i did it very lightly. I also licked her nipples very lightly for may be 5 seconds each. I have to get married in another two months from now.

Do i need to get tested for HIV, if the stripper has HIV? I am very much worried.

Does HIV trasmit through open mouth kissing?

The in the movies, we see all the time that the hollywood stars kiss. If it is not safe then why do they kiss?

You are a great person, doing very good work to the mankind. I will do my part of donation to your effort.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're absolutely correct about the Hollywood stars and the movies. As for your question about kissing, I suggest you revisit a classic old movie with two glamorous Hollywood stars. Rent or Netflix "Casablanca" with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Pay particular attention to the soundtrack and the words to the famous song "As Time Goes By."

"You must remember this A kiss is just a kiss . . . As time goes by . . . ."

Do you need to get HIV tested because you played tonsil hockey with a stripper? Nope. The option to test is always available to you, but I see no medical justification for you to get tested based on your open-mouthed stripper smooching because "a kiss is just a kiss".

Thanks for your kind words and donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
All about PEP
Next
depressed for 8 months

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.