Tribadism....please help...not many resources on this risk...

Dear Robert, Really I would appreciate if you answered my question. I am really anxious. I had a frottage/tribadism experience with a girl on the 24th of August this year. I met her at a beach party in zanzibar (I am female) and for some reason I went with her (alcohol involved but I also found out that my boyfriend was having an affair). Neither of us had periods I mean the girl nor I. But the next morning I noticed that I had a sore on my clitoris. And I went into complete panic mode. Thinking that this may well be the entry point to every possible infection. Really - I know I am not a gay guy....but surely you could also take time to answer me given that there are not many resources out there on tribadism/HIV probabilities.....I have found no real clear resource on my type of situation - except 'theoretically there can be transmission'. So far I am in fine health (physical not mental currently) But perhaps I am not seroconverting or one NOT to have that priveledge to seroconvert. OK I am resigned and angry at myself. I am ready to face anything - but I also need something to rationalise with. Yes I know 3 months is the standard...so far one month is down...I have made some mistakes in my job as a pilot flying from Nairobi to europe. And I took time off work...such is my anxiety. Perhaps CDC can do a profile on me.....their first tribadism fatality....great after all this years I cant find an answer on the probabilities of my mistake....What the hell everyone focuses on gay men....what about we lesbian women who dont use fake dicks and don't lick....what are the real chances I die? from some nasty rubs. I can't focus anymore. I have taken leave of abscence or else I crash a plane...then what....will people blame clitoris rubbing for 350 passengers? I am really angry at myself the lack of resources I can rationalise my situation with.more than desparate. I need something to work with here....something to rationalise....and if the test on the 24th of November comes positive...I can know what happened....PLEASE PLEASE...please...hear me out PLEASE.

Let's ratchet those anxiety levels down a few hundred notches, shall we? Try three deep cleansing yoga breaths. Go ahead, we'll wait. There, feel better? No? Oh well, at least I tried.

The reason you found so little information about the HIV risk of gal-on-gal frottage is that the risk is generally felt to be insignificant, unless there are extenuating circumstances. I have no way of evaluating the sore on your clitoris; however, I strongly doubt it would significantly increase your HIV-acquisition risk in this situation. It certainly is not a reason to go "into complete panic mode!" If you are bummed out by this experience and continue to perseverate on the nearly impossible and highly implausible chance you contracted HIV, get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark, OK?

Considering your current desperate state, I would also strongly suggest you get some psychological counseling for your anxiety and depression. I wouldn't want you driving a bicycle in your current whacked-out state, let alone piloting a plane!

Negative antibody test. Donation coming
Dr. Bob, how are you? Couldn't find an answer to my question.