Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Negative antibody test. Donation coming
Sep 25, 2007

Dr. Bob,

This is Ricky. I sent a post to you two weeks back and the other day. I had unprotected blow jobs and a single condom break with unknown status partner three years ago.

After two week wait, my Orasure test at the State Department of Health came back negative for Antibodies for HIV.

Can I rest assured or should I seek another confirmatory test or a test somewhere else for a second opinion? Kindly let me know.

I promised a donation of $100 but adding another $25 and sending the check. Please do not consider it as a remuneration. It is a small gift to help the unfortunate dealing with HIV like my previous gift couple years back. I promise I will continue to donate to your foundation first whenever I think of charity work. All others are next.

To your good health, Ricky PS I am not going to shout "WOO-HOO" because I think it is inconsiderate on those unfortunate who turn +ve. I am just glad that my practicing safe sex ALWAYS did not let me down. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Rickey,

Your negative OraSure test three years after your last potential HIV exposure is definitive and conclusive. Additional testing and/or a second opinion are not warranted. Any additional testing will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives.

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe and well.

Dr. Bob

P.S. Go ahead and WOO-HOO. We don't mind! I'm delighted to celebrate anyone's negative HIV test!

Previous
Needle Stick Student Update
Next
Tribadism....please help...not many resources on this risk...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.