PEPSE rejection (nPEP)

Hi doc

I had a casual encounter with an african guy on the way home from a night out. I gave him oral sex and he ejacualted in my mouth (i spat immediately). He also rubbed himself arount my anus , trying to insert me without a condom. I strongly resisted and he did not penetrate me. When I got home I noticed my upper lip was sore and abraised. I think this was due to the way I folded my lips over my teeth when performing this sex. In addition to this the opening of my anus has been really sore and has bled when I pass stool. I this may have been where I resisted his efforts to penetrate me. I went to std clinic straight away. The consultant who I saw refused Pepse because he said that oral sex was a low risk activity. And that the guy who came in my mouth would have needed to have been recently infected to have substantial levels of viranaemia in his semen to infect me.

Please, please , please can you tell me if you would agree with this? I know that many NHS primary care trusts are reluctant to prescribe these meds due to their high costs.

Mnay thanks I really appreciate your hard work.

many thanks

james w

Hi James,

Based solely on the information you provided in your post, I would agree with the advice you received and would not have recommended PEP. Review the information in the archives related to nonoccupational PEP. I think you'll find the information and testimonials enlightening and reassuring.

Brief Exposure, Large Risk?
Toothbrush in toilet