I finally found out I am HIV positive from my Comfirtory test now what

Doc

I am 28 years old have my whole life ahead of me. I finally got the test result back after 3 weeks. It is positive. I don't know what my next step to is I don't have medical I don't have a job. I don't have any way to pay for anything. So how can I get a doctor to tell me what my viral load is or CD4 count is if I can't even afford it. Now my worry is also If my BF doesn't haven't and I didn't have sex with anyone but him how else could I have gotten it. I don't even know what to do. I kept praying it was negative. i am scared, worried, and concerned beside if my partner doesnt have it what are the satistics that he would stay with me anyways. Not very good he already said he can't kiss me or have sex with me ever as if he is neg. he can't risk getting it.

I'm sorry to hear about your positive test. A positive HIV test is always a shock and I understand why you are feeling overwhelmed at the moment. A period of adjustment to your new reality is to be expected. I don't know where you are writing from. However, if it's the United States or almost any other industrialized nation, you should be able to access some health care services. A good place to start would be your local department of public health and/or your local AIDS service organizations. You can find the phone numbers by Googling "AIDS service organization" and the name of your city or town. The public health department should be listed in the phone book. These organizations should be able to get you hooked up with a clinic or physician. I would also suggest you utilize the wealth of information on this site. Begin with the "Just Diagnosed" section easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links."

As for the source of your infection, it must have come from unsafe sex, sharing needles or a tainted blood transfusion. Assuming your positive HIV test is not a false positive, if you had no other potential exposure except your boyfriend, then it is very likely he is the source. By the way, he doesn't sound very knowledgeable about HIV transmission, since he's worried about contracting HIV from a kiss! You both should review the information in the archives of this forum focusing on the chapters on magnetic couples (one poz, one neggie) and HIV Transmission.

Good luck to you both. I'm here if you need me.

pls anwer me.. oral sex
Elisa test times?