Im tired to be so afraid, all the time

Hi Dr. bob

So, since you read the gazillion of questions you receive daily... I suppose that you have ignored my latest questions... I guess you considerate them as incomprehensible or too hypothetical... I like to think you are secretly falling in love with me. Anyway, I just wanted to share some of my follow ups regarding my possibly HIV infection dilemma... 14 weeks, three tests but no positive result though... God certainly has a sadistic way of showing his love... Should I stop worrying? Should I kill myself and stop bothering you? Why the hell the CDC states that risks like mine do not need to be tested??? (unprotected insertive oral sex) what the hell do I know a "extenuating circumstance" looks like?? I will get tested at the six month mark, just to leave you alone with the ones in real need (as you may be thinking right now) waht are my chances of being positive? Im so afraid.. I thought that getting my 12 week mark negative test will put my mind at ease... but I think Im loosing it.

I read gazillions of questions each day. Correct!

You think that by repeatedly sending me incomprehensible, hypothetical questions, I'll fall in love with you. Incorrect!

You think God has a sadistic way of showing his love, because you've had three HIV tests over the past 14 weeks, "but no positive result . . . ."!!!???? So you are assuming he would be less sadistic and more loving if you tested positive? Do you have any idea how nutso your logic is?

Should you kill yourself and stop bothering me? Hmmm . . . tempting option, but really, dude, do these two things have to be linked?

As for the CDC's advice, it sounds like you're quite upset they told you that you didn't need to be tested. Most normal folks would jump for joy. You, on the other hand, decide to continue testing out to six months. Once again you seem to have a logic disconnect.

You continue to ask "'waht' are my chances," even though you've been advised your risk is negligible at best and the CDC doesn't even believe testing is warranted! You thought your negative 12-week test would put your mind at ease, but apparently you don't readily accept the reality of good news, so instead your fear just keeps spinning out of control.

". . . I think I'm losing it." I absolutely agree. Your problem is psychological, not virologic! I recommend you seek the help of a psychologist to help you confront your irrational fears. There is no doubt you have a problem. That problem, however, is not HIV!

help needed
Acute hiv symptoms - resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum.