Poor choices.. stupid mistake

Hi Dr Bob.

I messaged you before. And I will make a small contribution regardless of you answering this or not. If possible, please do at least answer me through email if you don't want to post this.

I ended a 2 years relationship with someone I really love, this was back in December. I was very depress for the longest time. When she send me emails of how well she is doing with her new romance and how good this new person is, I lost it and decide to just do things with a random partner, this was in July. I picked a girl, someone among the group which is known to be "easy". So her status is questionable. And yes, she sure is easy alright.

We did the normal thing, some nipple licking and sucking, i fingered her, she gave me unprotected oral, while we had the intercourse with a condom on (no leak, no slip, not torn..)

I know the decision was stupid, and it was probably a ver irresponsible action. I recently found a new opportunity, and things are going well with the new girl, though I am worry, so I don't want to start anything with her.

What should I do? How risky was my experience?

What is the likelihood of me being infected? I started experiencing a light fever, sneeze and running nose 4 weeks after this encounter. I also experieince an overall "toning down" of the body, i didn't lose any weight, its still steady, but everyone who saw me said I looked like I lost weight

Thanks dr Bob. You are the best. Please also provide donation information.

Sad Loser

Hi Sad Loser,

What should you do? First off you should stop being the "Sad Loser!"

Your HIV risk from your night of depressed breakup sex was negligible at best. The HIV risk from the nipple action and fingering is nonexistent, assuming the skin was intact. Likewise protected sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break. That leaves only the unprotected insertive oral, which carries a minimal HIV risk at best. Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). Your "toning down" is most likely related to your depression over the breakup or anxiety over your HIV risk. My advice is simple: take a rapid HIV test. The results will almost certainly be negative. Then yell WOO-HOO and put all your worries behind you. It's time for a new attitude! Realizing you dodged the HIV bullet and that you have a "new opportunity" should take a weight off your shoulders and put a smile on your face. The transformation from Sad Loser to Mr. Lucky should be dramatic. I'll bet your friends will notice that too!

Good luck!

You are the man!
Donation a success