I hope you will answer this, PLEASE..

Hello Doctor,

I was diagnosed as a Hepatitis C and HIV positive 6 years ago. last week I did these testes and I need you to expaline them to me and tell me what my condition is and if I need to do anything else or aany advice from you will be really apreciated,,,PLEASE HELP Me .

1- Circulating HIV-1 RNA QUALIFICATION : Real time RT-PCR TaqMan Roche Linearity range:40-10,000,000 copies/ml (1,6-7,8 log) Result 2218 copies/ml i.e. 3.35 log 2- Lymphocyte T CD3: 83.3% absolute value 596 / mm3 Lymphocyte T CD4: 16.0 % absolut value 114/mm3 Lymphocyte T CD8: 63.1 % absolute value 451/mm3 Ratio CD4/CD8 0.25

3-Circulating HCV RNA QUALIFICATION : Real time RT-PCR Taqman Roche Sensitivity:15 IU/ml (1.2 log). Linearity:44-69,000,000 IU/ml (1.6-7.8 log) result 2636184 IU/ml i.e. 6.42 log ( 2 years ago the result of HCV Quantitative was 492000 copies/ml ).

I am waiting for your response, Iam living in a country where it is kinda impossible to get a good advice, please help me.

Thank you so much,

There is no doubt you are HIV/HCV coinfected. There should also be no doubt that you are in need of an HIV/AIDS specialist and possibly a liver specialist (hepatologist or gastroenterologist) as well.

Regarding your hepatitis C, the next step would be to evaluate your liver function studies and consider a liver biopsy to ascertain the degree of liver function and damage and also whether treatment is warranted.

As for your HIV disease, you now have AIDS based on a CD4 count less than 200. Antiretroviral therapy is definitely warranted in addition to Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia prophylaxis. You are also at increased risk for other opportunistic infections and malignancies. I urge you to consult a local HIV/AIDS specialist without delay.

My frustrated letter about my 5 unanswered letters just got answered..
What would you do?