Symptoms at 4 months?

Doctor Bob- I'm not sure if you remember with the tons of e-mails you receive, but I'm the military guy currently waiting for my results in Iraq. I was concerned with possible symptoms and you put my mind at rest once already. The wait has been long and I still find myself thinking about the outcome constantly. It's been 4 1/2 months since my sexual encounter and I have been experiencing headaches every day for about a week (starting around 9 Sept). They are mild and usually don't affect me (on 2 occasions they hurt a little more). I guess my questions are, when is the normal time frame when symptoms occur? I've seen some websites say 2-3 weeks and some say up to 3 months. Could my headaches be a sign even though it's been over 4 months? Could my body be weakening already? One headache website said it could be from emotional stress being since the pain is dull and generalized. I can't recall ever feeling sick from flu symptoms nor have my lymph nodes have never been swollen. I did have some small rashes in my armpits and around my chest and stomach that were diagnosed as heat rashes (being since it is the desert). Do you think I could be showing symptoms now or ever? Please help me again to put my mind at rest, at least until the results arrive. I will be sure to donate once I make it back to the U.S. Thank you again for your help and answers Doc.

Hi Military Guy,

Acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) symptoms related to HIV infection manifest themselves two to three weeks after primary infection. Are your headaches occurring four months after a potential exposure suggestive of HIV or a weakening body? No. Considering you're in the middle of a disastrous war conceived and bungled by Dubya, the Rodeo Clown, I'd guess your headaches are stress related.

Relax guy. HIV should be the least of your worries. Keep your head down and get home quickly and safely, OK?

Secomet-V
excusez moi