Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Whats going on in my body?
Sep 16, 2007

Doc,

Its me the young male from Costa Rica again .. this week has been a rollercoaster ride for me.

I got tested on Tuesday and turned out Negative I was happy about that .

Wednesday came along and I was diagnosed with Urethritis you were right on the spot there ")

Well that same night I started with a dry cough that goes on and off throughout the day .. spells of bad taste in my mouth and I have discovered I have two swollen glands right under my ears maybe the size of an a skittle candy and they do hurt a little bit .. now that same night my body started aching in a very very bad way I cant really close or open my arms , my back hurts , the back of my neck hurts , my legs and Im stiff as a tree , the nauseas went away a bit so did the dizzy spells my question is even if I tested negative could these be symptons of early HIV?? keep in mind I got the old school test that only monitors 6 months I had 4 sexual partners and 2 of them are out of the picture since I had my intercourse with them about 7 months ago the last one was about 10 weeks ago .

My body is eally aching Im sorry about the donation I promised and havent fulfilled please dont think im stroking you since I do admire what you do ive just been so out of it and I can barely keep up at work.

Doc if you could help me out that would be great I live in Costa Rica and I just asked for anotehr doctors visit and they are telling me END OF NOV??...

Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Costa Rican Guy,

Unfortunately I cannot micromanage specific medical problems or make specific complex diagnoses over the Internet. Without the benefit of a specific medical history, completely review of your medical file and laboratory reports and a physical exam, it would be foolish to even try.

I'm delighted that you have tested HIV negative so far and that my suggestion that the symptoms you reported might be related to urethritis rather than HIV was indeed accurate. Hopefully you've begun treatment to clear that problem up.

Your new symptoms again are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV. Your negative HIV test out to 10 weeks from your last potential exposure is extremely encouraging, but not yet conclusive. My advice is to repeat your HIV test three months or more from your last potential HIV exposure.

As for your recent aches and pains, I cannot diagnose the cause over the Internet for the reasons mentioned above. If these symptoms persist or worsen, you'll need to find a physician for an evaluation. This is not an HIV-related issue.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Trisivir
Next
Tick Bite On Scrotum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.