have you seen cases?

Hi Dr, great informative site, Have you seen any cases of transmission of HIV outside of sexual, drug or occupational exposure. For example all the cases where people were stuck by pins in a store or exposed to blood on a toilet , and you tell them to check antibodies in three months to relieve their anxieties. Have you ever seen any of these cases become HIV positive? thanks DJ

Hi DJ,

Nope! And please note I'm only advising them to get an HIV test to "relieve their anxieties," not because I felt there was even a chance they were HIV infected, OK?

HIV treatment
Trisivir