Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Different countries different standard
Sep 11, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob I am the one in china who tested HIV 6 times with all negative results and a pretty normal CD4 count 838 but many HIV symptoms. I went to test in other Asia countries the result are the same negative. However my CD4 count is very low. It is below 200. According to the standard of the diagnosis of aids in USA, can I be diagnosed as aids patient with a low CD4 count and I developed a little Kaposi's Sarcoma. Here in our country, they won't treat me as aids patient. They keep providing me false dada when I go to local CDC to have another CD4 test. And I was told my CD4 is as high as two month ago. Dr. Could you please help us? We have to go to usa to test. We need medical visa to the US. Or do you have any good idea to help us? Thank you for answering my questions.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You don't need to go the USA. You need to go to a psychiatrist. The standards you are referring to are not different for different countries. HIV negative is HIV negative, no matter what country you live in. You've had far too many HIV tests all of them negative. Exactly what part of "you don't have HIV" are you having difficulty understanding?

With a negative HIV-antibody test, I see no reason to get a CD4 cell count, let alone multiple counts. I don't believe you are being provided "false dada." Nor do I believe you have Kaposi's sarcoma.

I suggest you stop chasing an illness you very clearly do not have. The evidence against your having it is overwhelming and incontrovertible!!! Your problem is not virological; it's psychiatric. Get the help you need, not more HIV tests that you do not!

Dr. Bob

Previous
LOL!
Next
THANK YOU!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.