|scared to take the final step (rude guy)
Sep 10, 2007
Well, three months after exposure, symptoms (white coated tongue, sore throat, fever, fatigue, rash, swollen nodes, diarrhoea) have subsided (except for the swollen nodes and minor itches) But am still scared to get tested. Checked my weight today have lost 4 kgs in three months for no reason (that's about 6% weight loss) :(( Makes me even more scared to get tested :(((( Can a regular blood test done for general check-up detect hiv?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Rude Guy,
A regular blood test will not detect HIV. Your weight loss is most likely due to stress and your irrational HIV fears. It's time to stop being such a whinny wuss, grow a set and get tested. Stop procrastinating. Just do it. (You'll be glad you did.)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Scared I Stepped In Blood Barefoot
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.