Dr Bob, Woo Hoo??

Dear Dr. Bob, How are you.. remember me?? Polo...amsterdam mistake guy.. As you have said I have tested 11,17 weeks(even with western blot) and got non reactive result. how did you told me that without the test results?? May be this is because of you good luck karma. But still I have white furry tongue,swollen nodes,sun burn like spot for more than 12 weeks. so I need your formal permission to go to the party..May I? Or again a test at 24 weeks? I also want to invite you to join the paty...=)) best wishes polo

Hey Polo,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 17 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! No further testing is warranted. Whatever is causing your ongoing symptoms, one thing is absolutely certain: it's not HIV. It's time to stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing. I'd be delighted to come to the party. What time are you picking me up?

Be well. Stay well.

got hiv having all the symptoms Jun 15, 2007

Hello Doctor, I have sent you two but mails but not got any reply. I understand the reason doctor that there are too many persons like me who needs you But doctor I really need your guidance so please if you can!!!!!!! May be it will be a bit long but I am writing because maybe somebody will read it and will not do a mistake like this. I am a 26 single male having a good job and life (up to this incident) and my mistake is that I was in Amsterdam for three days (6-8 April) and lost my mind and had protected oral and vaginal sex with 5 window prostitutes. I have not checked for condom failure. I know I sound disgusting but believe me doctor it was my first mistake and I really do not believe that I have done this. I am a uncircumcised and do not know the hiv status of these prostitutes. My problem begins 4-5 days of last encounter when I started feeling great fatigue and white tounge. After 2 days I consulted a doctor and he said this is a normal viral infection (after seeing my mouth) and it will go in a week. May be I was not having HIV thing in my mind so I have not told him about the mistake. But the fatigue continues for more than 7-8 weeks and still I am feeling some amount of fatigue. I realized my situation after reading your answers on this forum. Apart from fatigue and white tounge I also have a light yellow patch on my upper back shoulder (after 80 days). Few days I experienced sweats while waking up in the morning but it was not so that I can call it as night sweats. I also had stools with bad smell. I feel hot (specially on face) all the time but no recorded fever (checked many a times) also no swollen lymph glands as per I know. I have lost 1 or 1.5 kg during two months time. I am very depressed and confused about my status whether if have HIV in me and matter on the internet is driving me nuts. I am waiting for 15 more days to go for HIV testing but as of now I am lost. Please help me because I really nead your good wishes. Also tell me how I can send my donation to you from Europe. Once again thanks a lot doctor for doing such a wonderful job, you are just a gift to mankind. Yours Really worried polo

Hello Really Worried Polo,

Your level of worry is way out of proportion to any degree of real risk! Your Amsterdam-Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'ams were "protected." If the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break), your HIV transmission risk would be essentially nonexistent.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) or HIV disease. After all, Polo, have you ever had a stool that smelled good??? Your symptoms are most likely due to your depression and anxiety over this mistake. (OK, five mistakes.) I'm very confident your definitive HIV test will indeed be negative. And once you realize that you have indeed dodged the HIV bullet, your symptoms will "magically" disappear. Please note, you did nothing wrong. In fact you did it right! Your red-light district shag-a-thon was entirely protected! Remember HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how!

Thank you for your donation. From Europe you can use a credit card, PayPal, direct wire transfer, money order, check or even cash. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative. I'm absolutely convinced it will indeed be negative!

Be well. Stay well.

I donated 100$ and will donate monthly but please help
scared to take the final step (rude guy)