Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE help
Sep 10, 2007

First off I think what you do is very honorable and I do thank you for your help.

I wrote you earlier today but the anxiety and fear are driving me crazy I can barely eat.

Earlier this year me and my spouse split up she was pregnant.. i had unprotected sex with 4 women and I thought they were healthy.. now I find out they were not.

I started developing a pain urinating that then turned into ardous pain , then redish around my foreskin then finaly a white ring on some areas of my penis like dry skin .. well now It hurts when I ejaculate it turns redish and sensitive and a burning sensation throughout the day.

I have started feeling light headed , dizzy , nauseas , loss of appetite , my mouth today started tasting REALLY bad and dry and fatigue that I almost want to sleep all day .

I am very very concerned as I came back I had sex with my wife still pregnant and I dont want my baby boy which was born 2 weeks ago to pay the price for my mistakes im soo worried this coud be HIV . Out of 3 of the partners they all said they feel fine and have seen no changes in their body my wife got tested for all STDs and came out negative .. could this be HIV?? im very paranoid ir could this be a UTI let go off and now acting up on me.

Doctor thank you so much I need your help

Ill make a donation as soon as possible

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If you are impressed by my doing such an "honorable" thing as providing my time to help those in need, why don't you also do the honorable thing and get HIV tested??? You had unprotected sex and therefore put yourself at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently you need STD and HIV screening, whether or not you have symptoms. As for your specific symptoms, they are not worrisome for HIV; however, you may well have urethritis. My advice is simple:

1. Level with your wife. It's the best way to confront your guilt and also it's the right thing to do.

2. Get an STD screen that includes HIV.

3. Realize that many of your symptoms may be related to anxiety, depression and guilt.

The honorable thing may not always be the easiest thing to do, but it is the correct thing to do. So now you know what you should do. The next step is yours.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
One honest question....
Next
Thanks Dr. Bob..bad breath in lv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.