positive eliza

I have never had a positive eliza test ever and decided to do a blood test just as precautionary measures ,,,usually do it once a yr. To my shock it came back positive but the dna and western blot were confirmed negative by the physician.

so my first question is everything ok and would you say its a confirmed negative.

Also, what other auto imune disorders would or could cause a positive eliza

Your reactive ELISA followed by a negative Western Blot and PCR DNA is considered a negative HIV test. Your reactive ELISA was a false-positive. False-positive tests are only occasionally linked to autoimmune illnesses, such as systemic lupus erythematosus. You can read more about HIV tests, their limitations and causes for false-positives in the archives. What's important for you to realize now is that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

dr
What is my risk? $100 donation.