Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hell is just a word
Sep 8, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob

I need an answer because reading in the archives there are not many people in the same situation than me... the thing is that I had a potential exposure to HIV (insertive unprotected oral sex from a male prostitute) I had the ARS thing until 6 weeks from the encounter and lasted almost 5 weeks, then I felt better. However I developed something that seemed like OHL but my dentist said that it was normal and not to worry plus I had two negative ELISA in 12 and 14 week mark... My question is, can OHL delay seroconversion... I have read that OHL, although rare can be a sign of a weak inmunological response to HIV... and thus trigger AIDS!!! God in heaven, not inly got HIV from Oral sex, Im a late seroconverter and all because a condition that is most described as rare... truly not my life to live.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Now let me get this straight. You're convinced that you contracted HIV from oral sex and that you're a late seroconverter. You were evaluated by your dentist for a condition (OHL) that, although rare, could be a sign of a weak immunological response to HIV. Your dentist advised you what you were seeing was completely normal and not to worry. Plus you've had two negative ELISA tests at 12 and 14 weeks. And taking all this information together, you're convinced you are HIV positive. There. Do I have all that correct??? Hmmm . . . amazing! Congratulations! You've just won this week's most outlandish non sequitur award! BRAVO! I think there may well be a position waiting for you in Dubya's administration, particularly since Rumsfelt, Rove and Gonzales have been run out of town with their tails between their legs. There you could weigh all the evidence on how things are going in Iraq and come to the conclusion that the surge is working brilliantly and victory is at hand!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please, please, let me know if I can WOO-HOO!!
Next
Thank you DOC BOB!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.