Please, please, let me know if I can WOO-HOO!!

Dear Dr. Bob:

I want to tell you that I really admire you and all the work you do! Your forum has been really helpful and I have learned a lot of things that Ill never forget! I have been waiting for a long time to be able to share my test results with you and finally here I am. Im aware that you have answered similar questions in the past and that you are extremely busy, but I would really appreciate and will be greatly reassured if you answer mine:

Three months ago my condom broke while having sex with a stripper (my estimate is that I was exposed to her vaginal fluids for no more than 2 minutes). By reading your answers to other questions I learned that this kind of exposure carries a 5 in 10,000 risk of infection and I knew that I had to get tested at the three month mark. I must admit that I found it very difficult to deal with my anxiety during this period and I ended up getting tested at 5 (3rd generation ELISA), 8 (4th generation ECL) and 12 weeks and 3 days, which was two days ago (4th generation ELISA). All of these tests were reported as Non Reactive. Most of the anxiety I was experiencing has already left me, but I cant stop wondering if this results are really conclusive. So please tell me Dr. Bob, can I WOO-HOOO and forget about this one-time lapse in judgement???

Your friend,

J.L.

Hello J.L.,

WOO-HOO! And congratulations!

I would not suggest you "forget about" your lapse in judgment, but rather learn from your experience so that you won't find yourself in a similar conundrum ever again, OK?

Stay well!

Las Vegas Guy AGAIN..but I'm ok
Hell is just a word