Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I love her, she is positive!!
Sep 7, 2007

Dear Doctor,

Its not a question you would be expecting I am sure!!

I am an AIDS activist for a NGO in Mumbai, i have been doing this work for a very long time... I took up this voluntary work, because i lost a dear friend because of "AIDS"...and i thought i should be doing something to make the human race cognizant about it....

Anyway,

For the past 8 months i am trying to learn about HIV medication and treatment options... so i have been assisting a doctor who specializes in HIV/AIDS...

There is this beautiful patient who is positive(she does not have AIDS, but is positive), visits him regularly...and i was sure I loved her the moment i saw her!! I told her so, however she said, do i have the guts to accept her inspite of knowing her status?? she was very apprehensive...But then I was doing my best to make her feel confident of my feelings and commitment and praying she says yes...

Today my prayers were answered, I told her that i do LOVE her from the bottom of my heart and i know what i am talking about...i am sure i can take care of her, support her and love her for the rest of my life, her status to me is inconsequental....She cried and pegged me on the cheek and said those magical words " I LOVE YOU"...which made me cry and feel special i JUST wanna be with her...and dont wanna loose her...at any cost!

I really love her doc, and i would love to be her "sunshine" and be with her through thick and thin...i love her the most and dont wanna loose her and wish to spend my life with her..

Unfortunately, my parents do not know about it... I think when i disclose it to them today they will think i am an insane individual who is so lost in the work i do, that i have lost touch with reality....I am disclosing it to them today...

Please advice what should I do??? i dont know if the step i am taking is right about disclosing it to my parents, but my heart says "it is".

Before i conclude, I must say you do excellent workon the forums....I hold you in high esteem and i respect you alot!!you have been my role model and will always be...

Lots of respect and Love,

Reggie from Mumbai, India..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Reggie,

Disclosure is never an easy issue and it may not always go very smoothly. However, I too believe it's the correct thing to do! Your heart says it's right and I agree. Your parents may not take the news well, but then again they aren't the ones entering into this relationship! Use the information you've learned at the Mumbai NGO to educate your parents. Eventually they will recognize your happiness and hopefully become more reasonable. I can tell you, from personal experience, being in a magnetic relationship (one poz, one neggie) can have its challenges, but if you have indeed found the love of your life, those challenges are easily met and conquered. You may or may not know I too am in a magnetic relationship with the love of my life, Dr. Steve (the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum). Ours is the type of passionate romance others only dream about. I've found my "happily every after" and I can only wish the same for you.

Good luck, Reggie.

Dr. Bob

Previous
10 years later, is it AIDS?
Next
Bizarre test results...help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.