PEP not? Urgent! Please....

I have been reading your achieve quite frequently and you are indeed a noble soul!

10 days ago i have an unprotected insertive oral sex from a gal at a private club. The ordeal was less than a minute and as soon as i realized, i stopped the whole episode. I checked her mouth and there was no visible blood or anything unusual. I know the risk you posted is low but there is still risk.

Around 48 hours later, i managed to get PEP (zidovudine-200mg/day & lamivudine-200mg/day). I learnt from one of your comments posted, i went to have the gal tested and it was negative (ELISA).

Now i have been on PEP for 12days. Knowing she is from high risk group, should i continue PEP even she is tested Negative? Just to be on the safe side? I have gone thru the guidlines on PEP and it says i should stop PEP when the source is confirmed negative but what about if the source is still on window period? If i PEP is terminated now, should 3 months testing conclusive?

Extremely confused! PLEASE REPLY ...cant sleep and eat here!

I would advise you discontinue PEP. In fact, I would not have advised you ever begin PEP for the type of potential risk you describe.

As for HIV testing, yes, a three-month test would be considered definitive.

It is a Boy!!!!!! Mini Dr Bob
Crystal Meth and AIDS