Goodness, please help!

On 6/29 I gave a man unprotected oral and then we had some protective vaginal (after unprotected frottage). On July 10th I got swollen tender glands that eventually were non tender, frequent night sweats, weight loss, itching, burning in the scalp, etc. I'm still having night sweats and a few swollen glands. White blood count indicated no infection. Antibiotics didn't do the trick either. I tested negative on a rapid test at 7 weeks. The guy I was with who is a friend took the test too and though I didn't see the results, he says he tested negative.

I'm still having the hot flashes and swollen lymphnodes... am I at risk?

The guy at the clinic who administered my test said there was no need to retest because my exposure was "low" but then I keep reading 3 months and 6 months, etc and I don't know what I should do. If I retest, I don't want to be a hypochondriac. If I don't test, I could spread something to my husband (for the record, we were seperated)

Thank you so much for your time

Protected vaginal sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Frottage is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. Unprotected oral sex carries only a minimal risk for acquiring HIV. Your negative seven-week rapid test is extremely encouraging, but not definitive, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.

"Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. My advice would be to get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest. From what you've reported, the results will almost certainly be negative. If you're concerned about your husband, use latex condoms until your definitive test results confirm your negative status.

Don't Hate!!!!!
Only One Word ..APPRECIATED