Accidentally used HIV sibling's toothbrush

I'm having a freak out here. I accidentally used my sibling's toothbrush, and this person has HIV. I noticed no blood on the brush. I don't recall it even seeming wet, but it may have been. I used it 8 hours after my sibling would have had the opportunity. I didn't see any of my own blood after brushing. It seems like within the next 24 hours, I've developed painful neck glands and a semi-sore throat. I see mixed things about sharing toothbrushes on the internet. Some say you'll get it, some don't. Please help.

Thanks.

Relax Max! Using an HIV-poz person's toothbrush after an eight hour interval carries no risk for HIV transmission. By the way, even if you had contracted HIV, you would not develop symptoms within 24 hours! It takes two to three weeks for HIV-related acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) symptoms to manifest themselves. It seems to me that if your sibling is HIV positive, you should be better versed in the basic facts concerning HIV, particularly those related to HIV transmission. I would suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and at the related links. I'm confident you'll find the information both enlightening and reassuring.

aids and poppers&exctasy (POPPERS, ECSTASY, VIAGRA)
Just checking up!