Risk of infection

My partner just found out last week that he was HIV positive. Our last act was on August 11th. I was the top with no lube and I am uncircumcized. I tested negative twice (oraquick and Elisa) on August 27th. I also got sick about 8 days after for 2 days with a sore throat and I am extremely worried and anxious and cannot function. What are the odds that I contracted HIV? We had no other encounter previous to that for at least 2 months.

You topped your partner commando style and without lube??? Hmmm . . . very Brokeback Mountain of you!

Unprotected insertive anal sex does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Because your partner has now been confirmed to be HIV positive, your estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV via unprotected insertive anal sex is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. Had you sought attention within 72 hours, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) would have been warranted. At this point, your only option is to get HIV tested at the three-month mark, knowing you are HIV negative now, and if still negative at three months, repeating your test at the six month mark. Needless to say, you should avoid any future unprotected exposures. Both you and your boyfriend may benefit from the information in the archives of this forum related to magnetic couples (one poz, one neggie), HIV sexual transmission and HIV prevention.

Good luck to you both. I'm here if either of you need me, OK?

houseflies, curious
Family Dream