Foreign Donation and A Quick Question

Dear Doctor, I want to thank you for your great work. I noticed that your organization does accept donation. (Q1) But do you accept foreign currency instead of USD? Thank you.

I also need some clarification from you. Please forgive me for my bad English. On June 1, I encountered some HIV+ situation and it's possible that I got infected. Two weeks later I had symptoms including very uncomfortable throat, very tired especially sour arms, and complete loss of appetite -- I do not have appetite for antyhing these days and can barely eat anything. I also feel very nausea some time. However, I do not have rash or fever (my temperature is no more than 99.6F all the time). These symptoms have lasted for 3-4 weeks and there is no sign that they will disappear soon although I am taking antibacteria medicine. (Q2) Are these symptoms possible HIV sympotoms (given that I do not have fever and do not have rash)? I am very very worried. Could you please clarify this question -- I know you must be very busy and get hundreds of questions every hour.

Also, ASSUME they are HIV symptoms. Since they appear two weeks after the exposure, how likely that HIV antibodies are generated two weeks after the symtoms appear? Or put it differently, if an HIV symptom appears early, does that often imply that HIV antibody (if the person does get infected) will be generated early (than average)? Thank you soooooooo much for your advice. You have done a great great job for people. Take care. - Eager Gegentleman

Hello Eager Gent!

Q1) Yes, we gratefully accept all foreign currencies.

Q2) Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in distinguishing who is and is not HIV infected. If you had an "HIV+ situation," you'll need an HIV test at the three-month mark, whether you are symptom free or have "every symptom in the book."

Q3) This hypothetical question really isn't helpful. The majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood by four to six weeks.

Good luck! Thanks for your donation. In return I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.

Should I Rest? Donation on the Way
NO QUESTION, JUST RESPECT