The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

MedHelp didn't really HELP...please Dr. Bob!

Sep 2, 2007

I paid $15 and posted a question in the MedHelp HIV forum and it didn't come up! I was so anxious to have it answered and all Dr. HHH could say was "I don't know". It kinda upset me since he is supposed to be there to help people. Anyway, I'm hoping you will be a little more kind in answering a question for me Dr. Bob! I'm sure you have compassion for people who are scared about HIV since you were once there yourself. I just wanted to know, are canker sores a very indicative symptom of HIV? If so, would your immune system that caused them also cause other symptoms? I had unprotected sex about a year ago and got tested at 3 and a half months after the exposure but I have been getting recurrent canker sores for the past few months now! Dr. Bob, please help me since MedHelp wouldn't!


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Desperate,

I'm glad to help.

Canker sores are an incredibly common ailment and are not specifically indicative of HIV disease or even suggestive of it. That makes your second question about the immune system a moot point! If your 3.5-month HIV test was negative, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. A dermatologist, ENT or your general medical doctor should be able to help you with your recurrent canker-sore dilemma. This is not HIV related, OK?

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying!

Dr. Bob

The Gary Null approach!!!!
Should I Rest? Donation on the Way

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint