MedHelp didn't really HELP...please Dr. Bob!

I paid $15 and posted a question in the MedHelp HIV forum and it didn't come up! I was so anxious to have it answered and all Dr. HHH could say was "I don't know". It kinda upset me since he is supposed to be there to help people. Anyway, I'm hoping you will be a little more kind in answering a question for me Dr. Bob! I'm sure you have compassion for people who are scared about HIV since you were once there yourself. I just wanted to know, are canker sores a very indicative symptom of HIV? If so, would your immune system that caused them also cause other symptoms? I had unprotected sex about a year ago and got tested at 3 and a half months after the exposure but I have been getting recurrent canker sores for the past few months now! Dr. Bob, please help me since MedHelp wouldn't!

-Desperate

Hello Desperate,

I'm glad to help.

Canker sores are an incredibly common ailment and are not specifically indicative of HIV disease or even suggestive of it. That makes your second question about the immune system a moot point! If your 3.5-month HIV test was negative, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. A dermatologist, ENT or your general medical doctor should be able to help you with your recurrent canker-sore dilemma. This is not HIV related, OK?

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying!

The Gary Null approach!!!!
Should I Rest? Donation on the Way