No I didn't loose anything No 4

Dear Bob

I know that you will hate me but I just had my result on the 18 weeks test: Negative !!! My Doctor says that is more than conclusive and if feel like it i can go within 6 weeks to close my file. I know that you will not give me your WOO HOO but let me take the permission to to Woo Hoo myself. I know you are American and you will never go against CDC guidelines but you don't think that is time for me to drop xanax and start with Champagne.

Thank you for your time and support all this time but i have to sail away from the Worried Wells island. Tank you again The ex lost soul

I lost everything? Part 3 Aug 16, 2007

Dear DR Franscino

After lot's of anxiety and fear, I talked to more than 4 virologists here in Belgium( some very big names) and they advised me that chances that i will be infected after a negative <40 RNA PCR 4 post PEP and a negative 13 week antibody are non existent. They claimed that so far all they claim that all the reported PEP failures could be detected within 3 months period but all the incidences were 10-15 years ago that technology was far behind. Even for the 2-3 HCW that they had late seroconversion, only one was documented with Hep C and they other two no source patient found. They all claim that up to 3 months a 99.99% could be achieved but everything is more related to CYA and legal issues.

If it is true, why we cannot forward to eliminate the fear and anxiety from people like me? With tests like DNA, RNA we could help people like me to destroy their lives.

Maybe i have also to Woo Hoo earlier than the 6 months?

What is your opinion on this?

thank you

G

First of all, it's Frascino, not Franscino. So maybe you should just call me Dr. Bob.

Next, I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you state "with tests like DNA, RNA we could help people like me to destroy their lives!!!" Umm . . . why would we want to do that?

Finally, my opinion? Well, my opinion has not changed. (See below.)

I lost evarything? Jul 25, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob

Since my last correspondance with you i went into therapy with Xanax and but still my fear and anxiety didn't go down. In the meantime i had an DUO (P24+antibody) and a RNA PCR<40 negative at week 9 (4 weeks post PEP) and a rapid test at week 13 all negative. What do you think? can i stop worrying and destroying my life? Please help me to get my life back.

Thank you and I hope God will give all the hapiness and blessing of this world.

I lost everything? Jun 22, 2007

Dear Bob

It is more than 8 weeks that I read every single answer and comment @ your site and I would like to thank you for your work to this world.

8 weeks ago I had a bad experience with broken condom while having 5 minutes vaginal sex with Thai bar girl ( unknown status). Since this moment my life collapsed and I lost almost everything. ( my girlfriend my daughter- loosing my job and most of all my sanity). I started 28 days PEP Combivir within 18 hours and Kaletra within 84 hours ( when I came back home). I had a follow up tests : 0 , +2 negative. On week 3 I started experience bad symptoms : sore throat, maybe low fever ? 2 night sweats, and some days stiff neck from one side. All these lasted one week but there were enough to drive me crazy. I called my Doc and had a negative a negative P24 + antibody one week afterwards. One my follow up test at week 7 post exposure again a negative P24 + antibody. ( all in VIDAS 4th generation) My Doc says that all look very good but my anxiety and guilt made me to loose more that 25Lb till now, no interest in life and weeks of insomnia and lost sanity. Dear Bob what do you think? Please HELP ME

Next week I get 40 but I am not sure about my life anymore. Thank you from deep in my heart A lost soul

Hello Lost Soul,

Let's review the facts:

1. Your HIV risk is unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex (condom failure) with a partner of unknown HIV status.

2. The estimated per-episode risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures to an HIV-infected partner. Your estimated risk would be less, as we don't know the status of your Thai gal-pal.

3. You began PEP within 18 hours of the potential exposure and took a full 28-day course.

4. Repeated fourth generation HIV tests have been negative out to week 7.

5. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) "maybe low fever, 2 night sweats, some stiff neck on one side . . . ."

At this point I very much agree with your doctor. Your risk of being HIV positive is extremely slight. Your anxiety is way out of proportion to this minimal risk. I have no doubt your anxiety, guilt and depression are the cause of your symptoms. I strongly urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist to help you cope with these psychological issues. It really is the best way to health and happiness.

You went "into therapy with Xanax?" Hmmm . . . well, I think both psychological counseling (therapy) and treatment with anti-anxiety drugs (Xanax) are probably both good ideas for you.

Your tests to date continue to be extremely encouraging. So should you stop worrying and destroying your life? Well, I never recommend excessive worry and/or destroying one's life, so yeah, I'd say stop!

Post-PEP guidelines recommend follow-up HIV-antibody tests out to six months following an exposure significant enough to warrant PEP. You can read more about this in the archives.

Hello Lost Soul,

I have no reason to go against CDC guidelines and yet I can still tell you to WOO-HOO and stop pestering me about a nonexistent condition! The reason is simple: Your HIV risk was unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex (condom failure with a partner of unknown HIV status). For such a risk, PEP would not even be recommended and a three-month negative HIV test is all that's required for a Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOO.

So WOO-HOO! I have no control over whether you continue to test or not, but I can assure you this is my last response to you. Further follow-up should be with your shrink, because this problem is (and always has been) only in your head!

Goodbye and no, I don't hate you. I just have nothing more to offer you.

3rd time writing, please help me.(Have sent cheques)
The Gary Null approach!!!!