Update- Student Exposure-Please Help

Hey Dr. Bob,

I am sorry for bothering you again as I know there are so many people who look to you for your expertise. i wrote to you about a possible blood splash to the eye form a patient of unknown status and was having some symptoms 4 weeks later. So I had a negative orasure at 4 weeks, a negative antibody elisa at 5 weeks and a negative oraquick a 7 weeks post-exposure. the 7 weeks was about 3 weeks after start of symptoms which have mostly resolved. can you tell me if I can be pretty certain that I was not infected and can you tell me if you believe my symptoms were not ARS since 3 weeks after start of symptoms it was negative test. Please advise me... I think you are a great person and a great provider... I sincerely look forward to hearing from you. Also please tell me where to donate and how. Thank You and God Bless You.

Hello again,

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not infected. Your HIV risk remains negligible at best. That is the real reason why you can be "pretty certain" you are negative. Stop testing until the three-month mark, as tests taken before then are not considered to be definitive.

I just found I am HIV Positive
my partner is hiv positive