OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV I Antibody Negative TWICE ... but Still Petrified

Dr. Bob,

I believe I sent you an e-mail a month ago about my situation. I've had two "risky" encounters with female prostitutes (the first encounter was in March '07, the other was on June 6, 2007). I say "risky" because of the fact they're prostitutes! But I also was protected by polyurethane condoms BOTH times, and as you would say, "HIV doesn't permeate latex. No way! No how!" Many people have said that I was at a low-risk anyhow, but I couldn't believe them (and I still don't). So, I had an OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV I Antibody on July 31, 2007 (it was 4 or 4 months after my March encounter). It was negative, but like you said I needed to wait for the 12 week mark for my June encounter. And I did; I had another OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV I Antibody test on August 30 (I obsessively counted the calendar in front of my tester to prove that it had been 3 months, or 84 days). Again, I had a negative result. But I'm still so petrified and scared!

Should I be tested again? Was there anything that could make this a false negative? Should I woo-hoo?Or should I seek some sort of therapy? Thank you!

First off, polyurethane is not the same material as latex; however, they both protect against HIV.

Next, you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted. If you cannot accept the truly wonderful news that you dodged the HIV bullet and are HIV negative, you should seek counseling. By the way, I know over 40,000,000 folks who would love to have your problem!

worried indian female
Hair fall after pep