Donated 50.00, please answer

Ok, I should have copied the text of this message. Now I have to type it again because I typed in the verification code wrong. A few minutes ago I made a donation to your foundation of 50.00 and have donated in the past because I truly believe you have helped so many people. Thanks for that. I always seem to have trouble with the donating website and it takes me a few tries to get it right. Im so sorry about that. I hope you are able to answer my question. My situation is as follows: My girlfriend is HIV positive. We had sex on Aug 26th. The condom slipped partially off and a sore on the mid shaft of my penis was exposed to her vaginal fluids. The abrasion/sore was not completely healed. What is really strange is that 2 days later I experienced facial palsy and that lasted for a couple of days. On Aug 30 (4 days later) I went to bed and woke up with a sore throat - I think, hopefully, that is attributed to sleeping with no clothes on, a thin blanket, and having the air conditioner on. However, I know that ARS can be different with everyone, 70 percent experience a sore throat, 12 percent experience neurological symptoms but usually a minimum of 2 weeks out from exposure. Mine were within a few days. Is that possible? Considering the level of my exposure is a 6 month test warranted? Thanks.

Sorry about that verification-code roadblock. Lots of folks are complaining about it, but I have absolutely no control over how the site is technically run. I just provide information and hopefully a smile or two along the way. Thanks for your diligence and for your donation!

Regarding your specific questions:

1. ARS symptoms do not appear within a few days. Generally it's two to four weeks before they show up. Consequently, your symptoms would not be HIV related.

2. The CDC would recommend a six-month confirmatory test following a three-month negative test for those individuals who had a significant and confirmed HIV exposure. It is difficult for me to evaluate whether a partially healed over sore would constitute a potential significant exposure without examining it. Perhaps your girlfriend's HIV specialist could take a quick look and provide this advice.

Rapid Test Freaking out
Pre-semen